Tuesday, September 8, 2015

One year, come and gone.

Hola family!

It's been HOT here this week! Yet the leaves are changing? Oh Ohio, how I love you! :) Sister Barton and I have had a fun week though:)

Well, I hit my one year! What the heck? A year?? I've been a missionary for a year!! I never thought the day would come quite honestly. Very bitter sweet. I've learned so much this year words cannot even explain. I am so blessed to be a representative of my Savior.

We have had so many miracles this week! Let's just talk about Kara!:) This girl though, her faith is inspiring. She grew up Jewish, so she was afraid to tell her parents about her baptism. Well when she did tell them they didn't like the idea, they told her she couldn't be baptized. This was her 21 birthday too!:( She was devastated. She knows the church is true with all her heart and desires nothing more than to be baptized. She called us sobbing and all we could do was pray with her. She texted us that night and told us she needs to postpone her baptism just so her parents can have some time to soften their hearts. We understood:( But, then she called the next day and told us that she needs to be baptized Saturday, even if it is against her parents will. I couldn't believe it. Her faith is so strong. She wants to enter that gate so she can return to Heavenly Father. She's amazing. I can't even explain the whole story now but she received a blessing and was promised many things. I cried. I can feel Heavenly Fathers love for her. She is special. He has a lot in store for her. I just adore her!

We got a lot of anti this week. And my question is how bold is too bold? Haha. Sister Barton and I just told everyone what was up on the door step:) it was pretty fun:) haha:) in a loving way of course:) I am not going to let people tell me I am "delusional" or "miss led" that is just not okay! Something I have realized though is that even though most places we go people look at us like we are the scum of the earth.. It's ok. Because many looked at Christ that way, he knows how I feel because he personally went through it, every day. He knows what it's like to be rejected, and yelled at, and have the door slammed in our face. He knows. It's nice knowing I always have someone to lean on.

Being a missionary is the best thing I've ever done. This has been the best year of my life and I am excited to see what the next 6 months hold.
It's been a year since I have entered he MTC and took this photo with Sister Currier. I am a different person since that photo. Christ has changed me into who he wants me to be. I'm grateful I get to continue this change through out my life. 
You can officially be a Disney princess when you take a picture with a butterfly on your finger:) 

No comments :

Post a Comment