Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Ohio, adieu.

I have so much anxiety writing this right now haha. I can't believe this is my last email home. Where did time go? I swear I just got here. Words cannot even explain how I am feeling right now.

This week has been fun!:) it was spring break so it was pretty dead... But there were a few people to contact so that was nice:) on Saint party's day I ate a bunch of treats my mama sent me haha:) delicious! So yeah pretty much that was my week! People weren't really able to meet. Last night we had a major creeper who followed us unto the bus. It was quite the adventure. But anyway this is my last email home so there is more I must talk about:)

I love being a missionary with all my heart and soul. Were the last 18 months the hardest of my life? Yes. It's hard to overcome the natural man. On days I was so sick, or dead tired, I would still go out and work. And I often ask myself why? What motivated me to do so? And truly it's the Atonement. How grateful we are for the knowledge we have of this gift! That we know how to open it up to us and use it. But sadly, many of our brothers and sisters know not how to use this gift or where to find it. Every person on this earth needs the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It's comfort, it's peace, it's the way home. Heavenly Father wants His children home more than anything. And I got to play a role in that! I am so so grateful! I love Ohio. I love the people here. It will always have a place in my heart. I've learned so much here about me, and who God wants me to be. Something I've learned is that I love the places most where I struggled the most. Where I learned the most. And Ohio definitely has that award haha. I love being a missionary.

I know Jesus the Christ lives. He is everything. He lifts us when we are down, He cries when we cry, he rejoices with us when we rejoice. I love Him. He is my best friend. I love my Father in Heaven. I'm so so grateful for these 18 months he has given me to be molded into who He wants me to be, into who He sees I can become. Everyone here has taught me something. Every door that's been slammed has taught me much, every tear that has been shed has taught me more. I'm grateful for all the hearts here that have touched mine. I'm changed forever.

I DON'T WANNA GO!! Haha but I know my time is done:) thank you all so so much for your love and support while I've been serving the Lord. I felt every prayer and appreciated all the notes and love!!:) I LOVE YOU!! See you Friday!
 Mine and Elder Segles death picture. #RIP

 Brutus wore green for St. Patty's day too!:)

 I'm "LUCKY" to have this girl as a companion:) haha:)

 Sister Ogeltree came back to visit!!:)

 And then we went to lunch with her and Gretchen!!:)ahh! So Good! Thank you Gretchen for taking us!:)

 I seriously love Gretchen!

 We also got Graeters ice cream (Ohio Speciality)

 Found this beauty walking down 12th Ave, haha

 Farewell OHIO, it's been real.  And you will be missed. Sister Slater out!

No comments :

Post a Comment