Monday, October 12, 2015

The struggle is real

It's been a busy week here in the great OCM.:) Many interesting things have happened...haha! Let's start with Wednesday morning:

So sister Barton and I went for a jog. I put the house key in the place I always put it. It's always been safe! Anyway we get back from the run and the key wasn't there. We went back to try and find it and we couldn't. Noooo!!!! We called our apartment complex and no answer. They didn't open till 10. We also of course had Zone Meeting at 9:30 that we were in charge of, haha. Life! We sat outside for 2 hours.. And no one was around to help us. It was really cold too. We found a laundry room to sit in that was warm. haha. After a few minutes of that we knew we had to do something so we went outside and there was this guy so we walked up to him and asked if he was the maintenance guy. He was!! What the???? We called him Probably 20 times, haha. So,3 hours later with frozen fingers and being an hour late to our meeting we ran inside got ready super quick and went to the meeting. I would lose the key... Haha!! Good times!:)

Another funny story...We are tracting and hear these little meows...
There was a lost kitty somewhere! We thought maybe it was in the dumpster but we soon realized it was in the tree. A cat stuck in a tree. Totally on my bucket list to save it, haha! So, Sister Barton is all "I'll boost you and grab the cat" she boosts me up and I go to grab it and the cat runs away, down the tree, and onto the ground! The stinkin cat wasn't even stuck!! Haha! Sister Barton hurt her wrist from the situation and I scratched my thumb and it was bleeding everywhere!!  And the best part.. I'm allergic to cats. Haha we tried to be heroic, it's the thought that counts!:)

We are teaching a man named Ken. I like to call him Grandpa Ken cause he is just adorable!!:) He opened the door with intentions to tell us to leave but the Spirit touched him and we have been teaching him since. He's amazing. He came to church and just loved it!!! He was like the popular guy,haha!  Everyone was hanging around him.:) He's the best!  Many miracles here in the town of Newark. I love the people here!!:) There are some crazies.. But hey. We are the weird church girls walking around in skirts!

I love you all!!!:) Have a fabulous week! And a happy birthday to my Grandma:) LOVE YOU!!:)
 The zone!

 Texas Roadhouse:)

 I love exchanges! Sister Gordon is so cute:)

Sister Barton told me to pose by the train.. This is what I came up with:) haha

No comments :

Post a Comment