Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Missionary Work in the Digital Age

So Monday was a party!  We went and took a tour of the “The Shoe”, aka the stadium! HahaJ It was way cool!:) I cannot even tell you how big of a Buckeye fan I am. Seriously, for life. National Champs baby. It is a good year to be in Ohio! I am grateful I didn’t serve on campus during football season though.. cause that would’ve been sketch. But I love campus.

      Wednesday was Zone Conference and it was AMAZING!! We talked a lot about the Atonement. Something that really stood out to be was the “enabling power of the Atonement.” What does enabling mean? Well, if we break apart enabling it means to make capable. The Atonement makes us capable to achieve all we want to achieve. We are capable to be who we want to become. We can compare ourselves only to the best we can be. We are good enough, because of the Savior. It is only with him and through him we are good enough. But, we can always improve and be better. Zone conference is exactly what I needed to hear. The Atonement helps us in so many ways! I am so grateful for Christ’s sacrifice for us.

       This week we also had IPAD training! So here is the deal. I thought we would go, and have a nice discussion on how to use Ipads, and the rules we would have. BUT FALSE! Of course not. Every meeting slash everyday on a mission is purely to help us grow as people and as missionaries. Want to know why they are giving us Ipads? It is to help us in the world. John 17:15 says “I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.” That scripture states why they are giving missionaries technology. To keep us in the world, but not OF the world.  Because lets be honest, there is no way to escape. They want to teach us how to use technology in a productive way. There is a reason the Savior has given it to us! A quote that stood out to me was “self discipline is self mastery.” I want to learn to master myself and my habits and desires. I know I can learn how to master the use of technology so that when I get home it won’t take over my life! I am so excited to get to use Ipads in teaching. It is literally changing missionary work. I am so excited!

      I hope you all had a good week this week! Mine was really fun. Transfers are this week so that is always a party. We will see where the Lord wants me to go! I love being a missionary. Words cannot describe the joy I feel everyday. His work is incredible. This truly is Christ’s church on the earth today! THE GOSPEL ROCKS!! I LOVE YOU!!!

 O-H-I-O (you are not a true ohioan if you don't do take a pic like this)


 The Sweet Sisters:) #Thestruggleisreal

 The District!:) 

 WE ARE THE CHAMPS!! 

 Braxton Millers locker and gear? why not. 


 Doing the Elder Froerer stance. 

 OUR ZONE! I love this mission!!! Especially President and Sister Daines:)

 Generation pic!:) My mama and my baby:) So cute:) #raisingthebar

 Mirror Lake! I thought I would show you the beauty of Ohio:) 

 I had fun with Sister Springers reading glasses.. haha

Picking up cans for our homeless investigator Micheal so he can make some money.. Alcohol doesn't scare us! haha:) You can tell it was a long day.. 

No comments :

Post a Comment