Wednesday, February 17, 2016

I got to celebrate quite a few holidays this week!!:) it was super fun!! Oh, and super cold.

We contacted a lot. My fit bit told me I walked over 20,000 steps ins one day! Gotta love campus life:) we taught a few people, one being Sakura! The cutest little thing from Japan! She loved our message and came to church! She brought her Book of Mormon and pretty much looked like a member already:) we are excited for her! We are extending baptism for March!:) we also taught Brittany! For her first lesson we taught the Plan of Salvation and when we were done we asked if she had questions and she just said "I wanna learn more." It's amazing when I see the spirit help others remember things they've been taught before. We were taught everything before this life, and I love when simple truths come back to remembrance.

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!! The heat of the monkey!! Haha we had an activity and Elder Yeh (from Taiwan) taught us how to make home made dumplings! Mmmm! We made like a hundred for the activity, it was really fun!:) I've been really into oriental stuff lately! It's just so good! And it's way more fun to eat with chopsticks than with a fork! We also helped Sister Springer frost cupcakes for institute classes:) we did swirls on top and a few turned out.. But most ended up hideous haha. It was fun though:) they still tasted good!!:)

So for my second year on campus for Valentine's Day (we celebrated Friday) Gretchen took us to Raising Canes again:) the chicken strip place!! Man, I love that place:) it was a fun date:) then it turned into a blizzard outside so that wasn't as fun! But we stuffed ourselves so that kept us sorta warm? Haha then my mom sent me candy and stuff so I ate all that plus a bunch of cookies handed out in relief society. I made myself sick! But hey! It's all good! Haha a random creepy dude gave Sister Heath and I flowers so that was nice.

I love Valentine's Day! In my family it's a day to show love to each other!!:) so shout out to my amazing parents and my sissy! I love you both so much! And another shout out to Mr. and Mrs. Slater for being married 25 years!!!:) Happy SILVER Anniversary!!:) I'm thankful for all of you as well!

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." -John 3:16

I'm grateful for my Father in heaven who loves us so much he gave his only begotten son. His and the Sons love is the strongest we can ever feel. And he showed us that love in a way no one has ever done before. Happy Valentine's Day! I love you ❤️
 Making dumplings!!:)

 Frosting cupcakes!!:)

 Happy Chinese New Year:) love the OSU district! #weawkward

 #datenight thanks Gretchen!!:)

 And of course the classic photo booth :)




Love TO SERVE! (I love Sister Heath!:)

No comments :

Post a Comment